background

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Altered Art -Old Recipe Box


I found an old metal green recipe box about a year ago at the goodwill. I bought it but never did anything with it. Today I saw it and I wanted to give it an extreme makeover. It is storing all of my Martha Stewart glitter that I have. I wanted something cute in my studio. So take a look at the before and after of my project for today. All pic are taken with my iphone. I didn't have my camera by me when I was completing this project.
Started with the ugly green recipe box. Painted the entire box with black acrylic paint. I did two coats to make sure that I had good coverage all over the box.

I took mod podge and added old dictionary pages to the lid of the box. I used black soot distress ink to distress the edges and the middles of the paper. I crumpled the paper up to give it a little more texture. I layered the dictionary paper on top of each other until the lid is covered.
I then added a belly band around the entire box. I used two pattern papers and a black piece of cardstock. I layered the on top of each other.
I added some flowers that I cut out using my cricut expression.

I layered them and added a clear bling for the center of the flower.

This is the final result. I love how it came out. I can't wait to find another thing to alter!!! I'm addicted!!
Let me know what you think of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment